|2009/2010 NBA Regular Season|
|October 28th, 2009|
|Air Canada Centre|
|Radio - WTAM 1100 / TV - FOX|
|Jose Calderon||PG||Mo Williams|
|Demar DeRozan||SG||Anthony Parker|
|Hedo Turkoglu||SF||LeBron James|
|Chris Bosh||PF||Anderson Varejao|
|Andrea Bargnani||C||Shaquille O'Neal
- The Cavaliers will venture on the road for the first time this season tonight against the Toronto Raptors. The team holds a five-gameoverall winning streak against Toronto, including a three-game series sweep last season and the last two games played at theAir Canada Centre.
- The Toronto Raptors have a losing record against just four Eastern Conference teams since the 2005-06 campaign, but the Cavaliershave given them the most difficulty of all Eastern Conference teams, winning 12 of 14 games over the last four seasons.
Eastern Conference Teams Best Record vs. Toronto - since 2005-06 (STATS, Inc.)
- LeBron James has averaged 29.8 points per game at Toronto throughout his career (10 games), the most of any player all-time(minimum of two games). James scored a career and franchise-record 56 points at Toronto on March 20, 2005. Shaquille O'Nealhas also had a lot of success at the Air Canada Centre, ranking 5th on this list in averaging 25.4 points over 13 games. DwyaneWade ranks 2nd at 28.6 ppg, Allen Iverson third at 28.4 ppg and Kobe Bryant fourth at 27.6 ppg. ( (STATS, Inc.)
- Last season, the Cavaliers led the league in winning the second game of back-to-backs at 16-3 (.842). The team also led theleague in losing back-to-back games only once all season.
- Tuesday's season and home opener versus Boston was the 600th Cleveland Cavaliers game (374-226, .623) at Quicken LoansArena in its 16-year history. Despite the loss, the Cavaliers have won 39 of their last 42 regular season home games.
- LeBron James (24 years, 301 days old) became the youngest player to reach 13,000 career points, passing Kobe Bryant (26 years,132 days old). He notched his 13,000th point after hitting a three-pointer at the 4:47 mark of the first quarter.
- James finished with a game-high 38 points on 12-22 (.545) shooting, including 4-9 (.444) on three-pointers and 10-13 (.769) from thefree throw line, and team-highs of eight assists and four blocks in 45 minutes. James' 38 points on Tuesday set a Cavaliers recordfor points in a season-opener, previously held by Ron Harper's 36 points at Chicago in 1989. James's output was the highestagainst Boston in the Celtics' first game of a season since George Gervin scored 39 points for the Spurs win in 1977. (Elias)
- Shaquille O'Neal recorded a double-double in his first game as a Cavalier after tallying 10 points on 5-11 (.455) shooting, 10rebounds and one block in 29 minutes.
- Anthony Parker also played his first contest as a Cavalier and finished with 10 points, four assists, three rebounds and two blocks in 40 minutes.
- Against Boston, Mo Williams scored in double figures with 12 points and added three assists in 35 minutes.