What kind of moves do you make? What are your goals? What will be your ideal team identity?
The moves I would make....
Trade Delonte West.... crap!
2) Trade Mo Williams. My ideal scenario would be to move him and AP to Portland for Rudy Fernandez, Joel Przybilla & a future 2nd Round pick. I would love MO if he could play some semblance of defense. He cost us the Boston series more than LeBron did because he could not guard Rajon Rondo.
3) Trade Antawn Jamison. I would only look to move this contract if I could get a Center's expiring contract in return i.e. Tyson Chandler. I've always felt that Chandler was an underrated talent but had some injury problems. Maybe we could work out Jamison for Chandler, DeShawn Stevenson (for a buyout of course... ugh) and a future 2nd Rounder.
4) Attempt to resign Delonte West to a contract after Minnesota waives him. The guy is a ferocious defender and can penetrate to the hoop. Plus, it would stick in LeBron's side...
5) Get value for Shaq's Bird Rights. Work something out with where he wants to go. Atlanta seems to be a desired destination. Offer up Shaq (S&T) , Jamario Moon, and Minnesota's 2013 2nd pick for Marvin Williams.
My goals would be...
1) To find a balance between being competitive and setting up for next year's free agency (Carmelo Anthony).
2) To make sure any players that I acquire work in my head coach's offensive and defensive schemes.
3) To understand the CBA and salary cap rules.
4) To acquire an All-Star to attract other good players via trade.
My team's indentity...
Ideally, my team would be an defensively minded team with capable scoring ability. We would have a mix of veteran leadership with developing talent.
My 2010-2011 line-up...
PG - Ramon Sessions
SG - Rudy Fernandez
SF - Marvin Williams
PF - J.J. Hickson
C - Tyson Chandler
PG - Delonte West
SF - Jawad Williams / Danny Green
C - Joel Przybilla / Ryan Hollins
I like this line-up for 2010-2011. It's rich with young talent and has a relatively deep bench. If we could add a superstar like Carmelo Anthony next offeseason or even at the Trade Deadline, then this team could look better than any team we've had with LeQueen.
This is just me if I were GM. What would you do?
What player should we look to pursue next offseason?
Carmelo Anthony (45 votes)
Tim Duncan (8 votes)
Tony Parker (13 votes)
Joakim Noah (9 votes)
75 total votes