The 2010-11 NBA Regular Season is behind us, us meaning Cavaliers fans and fans of any team NOT in the NBA Playoffs. It's been awhile for those of us who follow the Wine and Gold, and while the bitter memories of the Summer of 2010 are still fresh in many of our minds, this past season has gone a long way to heal those wounds.
The NBA Draft Lottery is another change for us to cleanse, and while many think this Draft is the weakest we've seen in years there are still plenty of talented players available should the Cavaliers find their name on the card picked last in the Lottery.
Below are the odds for the 2011 NBA Draft Lottery - the Cavaliers have two chances:
1. Minnesota Timberwolves - 250 combinations, 25.0% chance of receiving the #1 pick
2. Cleveland Cavaliers - 199 combinations, 19.9% chance
3. Toronto Raptors - 156 combinations, 15.6% chance
4. Washington Wizards - 119 combinations, 11.9% chance
5. Utah Jazz (via NJ) - 88 combinations, 8.8% chance
6. Sacramento Kings - 63 combinations, 6.3% chance
7. Detroit Pistons - 43 combinations, 4.3% chance
8. Cleveland Cavaliers (via LA Clippers) - 28 combinations, 2.8% chance
9. Charlotte Bobcats - 17 combinations, 1.7% chance
10. Milwaukee Bucks - 11 combinations, 1.1% chance
11. Golden State Warriors - 8 combinations, 0.8% chance
12. Utah Jazz - 7 combinations, 0.7% chance
13. Phoenix Suns - 6 combinations, 0.6% chance
14. Houston Rockets - 5 combinations, 0.5% chance
As the NBA Playoffs roll on, the Draft Lottery gives us Cavaliers fans something to hope for. RIght now, hope is all we have.