May 8, 2012; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago Bulls center Omer Asik (3) blocks the shot of Philadelphia 76ers point guard Jrue Holiday (11) during the second half of game five in the Eastern Conference quarterfinals of the 2012 NBA Playoffs at the United Center. The Bulls won 77-69. Mandatory Credit: Dennis Wierzbicki-US PRESSWIRE
In the first day of NBA free agency, the Cleveland Cavaliers didn't do anything. Around the league, however, there was much more activity. Keep in mind that no deals can be officially signed until July 11th. Everything that you see here is either just an offer, a rumor, or agreed to verbally.
- The Houston Rockets and Omer Asik agreed to a 3 year, $25.1 million contract, according to Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski. Asik is a restricted free agent and the Chicago Bulls have the ability to match that contract, but they might not be willing to commit that much money to their backup center. Asik was a guy that the Cavaliers were reportedly interested.
- The Minnesota Timberwolves offered a 4 year, $45-50 million contract to Nic Batum, says CSNNW.com's Chris Haynes. No word on whether Batum will sign that offer sheet. Batum is a restricted free agent and the Blazers could match it, if Batum chooses to sign it.
- The Portland Trail Blazers offered a max contract to Indiana's Roy Hibbert, per Sports Illustrated's Sam Amick. The offer is 4 years, $58 million for the all-star center. Hibbert is a restricted free agent and the Pacers have the ability to match that offer.
- The Toronto Raptors offered a 3 year, $36 million contract to Steve Nash, says ESPN's Marc Stein. He hasn't made a decision on that deal yet. Nash is an unrestricted free agent.
- The Brooklyn Nets and Gerald Wallace agreed to a 4 year, $40 million contract, according to ESPN's Marc Stein. I don't think that's a very good contract.
- The Nets and Hawks are discussing a deal that would send Joe Johnson and his massive contract to Brooklyn, according to Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski. I have no idea what the Nets are doing.
That's all I know for now. Let me know if I missed anything.