FearTheSword.com is an independent website dedicated to the Cleveland Cavaliers. We welcome fans of the Cavaliers to come to FTS and join other Cavs fans in talking about the Cavs as well as anything else that interests you. We also welcome the fans of other teams to FearTheSword and welcome good-natured smack talk that can go on between fans of opposing teams.
The Fan Shots and Fan Posts are yours! Utilize them to make a point, get involved, or just to meet fellow Cavs fans all over the world. We are a community, and like any community your are a part of we take care of each other.
Lastly, please remember this is just a game. Cavaliers basketball is a way of life for most of us but let's not lose sight of what we are here for and that is FUN. Enjoy the site, enjoy the game and most importantly enjoy each other.
Here is the Code of Conduct for FTS --
1. Any FanPost or FanShot with vulgarity in the title will BE DELETED, no questions asked.
2. Any repeat FanPost will be deleted. FanPosts that are nothing but Links, with text to meet the 75-word requirement will be deleted. If you come across news and want to post the link, USE THE FANSHOT SECTION! That is what it is there for!
3. FanPosts that are misleading will be deleted. People come to FTS for their Cavaliers news and the integrity of the site will not be compromised because you want to be a stand-up comedian.
4. Any comments that personally attack any other member will be deleted and the member warned.
5. Any post or comment that refers to a player, coach or other prominent figure in a unnecessary and derogatory way will be deleted. We are all adults, act like it.
6. Openly wishing or hoping that the Cavaliers fail tells me you are not a Cavaliers fan. At that point you are a Troll and will be dealt with appropriately.
7. Do not use subject lines for comments. When the thread has bold all over the place, it looks sloppy. It's just a comment, does it really need a subject line? Only use a very short subject if you are posting a picture or GIF.
8. Respect each other. This is really the easiest rule here and it covers basically everything. I don't care if you're a first time poster or a front page writer. We all deserve respect. There's nothing wrong with a difference of opinion -- just deal with it like adults.
9. Have an opinion, state your case, disagree and debate, but keep it on the court. Please keep your comments about the topic at hand. "Hijacking" a post will not be tolerated. If you want to discuss something that isn't directly dealing with the topic of the post -- just make a separate fanpost and have the conversation over there!
***IMPORTANT*** These rules are in effect for everyone. Whether you have been with us from the beginning or are a brand new member, there is no favoritism here. There are no cliques. FTS has reached the point it has by being different than message boards, a cut above so to speak.