Hello everyone. It's Friday and there is no basketball to talk about.
Now I don't want everyone to suffer the horrors of actually working on a Friday; so I have created this post where I will post riddles for people to solve.
1) No cheating. This means no looking up the answer on the internet.
2) If someone would like to submit a riddle, email me(Witkowskimike@hotmail.com) and I will edit the thread and add your riddle.
3) I will edit the post and keep a tally of who has actually solved the riddles. Only the top answer counts.
LAST WEEKS RESULTS!
****NDK 15**** -Fear The NDK. He lords over the mouth breathers casting illumination upon the darkness of the mind. Bask in his light and do not be fooled by the slumping forehead and boorish demeanor.
Hugh Parent 2
Patrick Elder -6
Waiters Gon Wait -3
What doesn't have wings
but can fly
but can not touch.
ANSWER: Time -NDK
2) What has six faces but does not wear makeup? It also has twenty-one eyes but cannot see.
ANSWER: A die -NDK
3) Four members of a band are walking to a night concert. They decide to take a shortcut, but must cross a bridge. Luckily they have one flashlight. Because of the varying size of their instruments, it takes each member a different amount of time to cross the bridge - it takes the first person one minute, the second person two minutes, the third person five minutes and the fourth person ten minutes. They must cross the bridge in pairs, traveling at the slower speed so if the one minute person went with the ten minute person, it would take a total of ten minutes. Since there is only one flashlight, one person must come back across the bridge, then another pair can cross. They only have 17 minutes to cross the bridge and still get to the concert on time. What order should they cross to get everyone across and get to the concert?
First, the one minute person and the two minute person must cross the bridge, for a total of two minutes. Then the one minute person should come back with flashlight - total of three minutes. The five minute person and the ten minute person cross together next, making the total thirteen minutes. Now the two minute person goes back and (total now fifteen minutes) and gets the one minute person and they cross together bringing the total to seventeen minutes. -Patrick Elder
4) What is a ten letter word that starts with gas?
ANSWER: Automobile -Clexyx
5) A man was at a bar feeling poor he sees a rich man take 50's out his pocket to pay the cashier.The poor man says to the rich man "I know all the songs known to man." The rich man laughed and said,"I bet you all the money in my pocket that you can't sing a song with my daughter's name in it, Sarah Lee Greyson." The poor man went home rich and the rich man went home poor. What song did the man sing?
ANSWER: Happy Birthday! -NDK
6) Break it and it is better, immediately set and harder to break again.
ANSWER: A record Kyrie-Swirving
7) Twigs and spheres and poles and plates, join and bind to reason make.
ANSWER: Skeleton -Kyrie-Swirving
8) There are five rational pirates, A, B, C, D and E. They find 100 gold coins. They must decide how to distribute them.
A – 98
B – 0
C – 1
D – 0
E – 1
ALL THINGS EQUAL, THEY’D RATHER KILL EACH OTHER…..this part, I wasn’t accounting for. -Kyrie_Swirving
The pirates have a strict order of seniority: A is superior to B, who is superior to C, who is superior to D, who is superior to E.
The pirates also follow strict rules of coin distribution, which are thus: the most senior pirate should propose a distribution of coins. The pirates, including the senior pirate, then vote on whether to accept this distribution. If the proposed allocation is accepted by a majority vote, it happens. If not, the proposer is thrown overboard from the pirate ship and dies, and the next most-senior pirate makes a new proposal to begin the system again.
In the event of a tie vote, the most senior pirate has the casting vote.
Pirates base their decisions on three factors, in order of priority:
First of all, each pirate wants to survive.
Second, each pirate wants to maximize the number of gold coins he receives.
Third, all things being equal, a pirate would prefer to throw the most-senior pirate overboard.
Determine the number of coins each pirate receives
9) Can not be bought, can not be sold, even if it's made of gold.
Answer: Heart -NDK
10) What lies in bed, and stands in bed.
First white, then red
The plumper it gets
The better the old woman likes it.
ANSWER: Strawberry -NDK
11) Which side of the chicken has the most feathers?
ANSWER: The Outside -NDK
12) If a southbound electric train is travelling at a rate of 66 miles per hour and the wind is blowing to the north at 35 MPH, Which way will the smoke blow?
ANSWER: There is no smoke it's electric -NDK
13) It is in a rock but not in a stone, it is in marrow but not in a bone. It is in a bolster but not in a bed, it is not living, nor is it dead.
ANSWER: The letter "r"
14) A word I know, six letters it contains. Subtract just one, and twelve is what remains.
ANSWER: Dozens -Celvyx
15) There were four brothers who were born in this world together.
One runs but is never weary,
One eats but is never full,
One drinks but is never thirsty,
One sings a song that is never good.
Who are they?
ANSWER: Water, Fire, Earth, Wind -NDK
16) The sun bakes them, the hand breaks them, the foot treads on them, and the mouth tastes them. What are they?
ANSWER: BREAD, but really it's grapes -Kyrie-Swirving
17) You are on a horse, galloping at a constant speed. On your right is a sharp drop off, and on your left is an elephant thundering along at the same speed as you. Directly infront of you is a galloping kangaroo and your horse is unable to overtake it. Behind you is a lion running at the same speed as you and the kangaroo. What must you do to safely get out of this highly dangerous situation?
ANSWER: You get off of the merry-go-round -NDK
18) I was born in the 18th century, yet still live on today. Appearing on TV when I have something to say. Called everything from "honest" to a dirty rotten "crook", I used to wear a wig, but have had several looks. I've always had a party, but never disturb the neighbors. I've been shot at many times - major stories for the papers. What am I?
Answer: President of the united states -Clevyx
19) Always invisible, yet never out of sight. What are they?
ANSWER: The Letters "I" and "S" -Kyrie_Swirving
20) This runs fore to aft on one side of a ship, and aft to fore on the other. What is it?
ANSWER: The name of the ship -NDK
21) I am a box that holds keys without locks, yet they can unlock your soul.
Answer: Piano -Patrick Elder
22) What is it that makes tears without sorrow and takes its journey to heaven?
ANSWER: Smoke -Kyrie_Swirving
23) One night, a man receives a call from the Police. The Police tell the man that his wife was murdered, and that he should reach the crime scene as soon as possible. The man drops the phone, shocked, and drives 20 minutes to the crime scene. As soon as he reaches the crime scene, the police arrest him, and he is convicted of murder. How did the police know that he committed the crime?
Answer: Police never told him where the crime scene was -Clevyx
24) A man was found dead in his study. He was slumped over his desk and a gun was in his hand. There was a cassette recorder on his desk. When the police entered the room and pressed the play button on the tape recorder they heard: "I can't go on. I have nothing to live for." Then there was the sound of a gunshot. How did the detective immediately know that the man had been murdered and it wasn't a suicide?
ANSWER: Someone had to rewind the tape -NDK
25) Schwarzenegger has a big one, Michael J. Fox has a small one, Madonna doesn't have one, the Pope doesn't use his, and Clinton uses his all the time. What is it?
ANSWER: Last name -NDK
26) A young man walks through the forest. He came to a bridge. In front of the bridge is a large man carrying an axe.
The man says, "If you want to cross this bridge, you must tell me a statement. If I think the statement is true, you will be strangled to death. If I say the statement is false, your head will be chopped off."
A few minutes later, the young man walked over the bridge, while the larger man stood pondering.
What was the statement the young man had given?
ANSWER: He says 'My head will be chopped off" -Clevyxc
27) A rich and handsome man named James Leonard was murdered on a Sunday afternoon. At the time of the murder there was: the maid, the cook, the butler, the gardener and the wife.
Maid: I was fixing the table.
Cook: I was cooking breakfast.
Butler: I was polishing the silverware and the dishes.
Gardener: I was planting tomato seeds.
Wife: I was reading a book.
Who did it?
ANSWER: Cook, no breakfast in the afternoon -Clevyxc
28) There is a word in the English language in which the first two letters signify a male, the first three letters signify a female, the first four signify a great man and the whole word a great woman. What is the word?
ANSWER: Herione -NDK
29) Until I am measured I am not known. Yet how you miss me when I have flown. What am I?
ANSWER: Time -Patrick Elder
30) Two spies want to get in an enemy's military base.In order to get in they have to give the correct countersign to the guard at the gate after he gives them the sign. So they wait hidden nearby the gate so that they will overhear the countersign from another soldier.
One soldier comes and the guard gives the sign: "6".The soldier answers "3".The guard lets him pass. Another soldier comes.The guard says "12" and the soldier gives the answer "6".The guard lets him pass. So, the first spy goes at the gate and the guard asks says "10".The spy, sure that he knew the answer as he was, says "5". Immediately, the guard shoots him dead.
Then the other spy, who saw that the other spy was killed when he gave the countersign, had now understood what the right answer would be, whatever the guard's sign was.So, he walks to the gate and the guard says "8".The spy gives the correct answer and the guard lets him in. What was the answer that the spy gave?
ANSWER: 5 (# of letters in the sign) -Kyrie_Swirving
31) From house to house I go, sometimes narrow, sometimes wide. And whether there's rain or snow I always stay outside.
ANSWER: A path/Sidewalk -Celvyxc
32) First you see me in the grass dressed in yellow gay; next I am in dainty white, then I fly away. What am I?
ANSWER: Dandelion -Patrick Elder
33) We travel much, yet prisoners are, and close confined to boot. Yet with any horse, we will keep the pace, and will always go on foot. What are they?
ANSWER: bootspurs.-Patrick Elder
34) A boy was at a carnival and went to a booth where a man said to the boy, "If I write your exact weight on this piece of paper, then you have to give me $50 but if I cannot, I will pay you $50." The boy looks around and sees no scale so he agrees, thinking no matter what the carny writes he'll just say he weighs more or less. In the end, the boy ended up paying the man $50. How did the man win the bet?
ANSWER: He wrote the words "Your exact weight" on the piece of paper.-Patrick Elder
35) You’re a bus driver. At the first stop 4 people get on. At the second stop 8 people on, at the third stop 2 people get off and, at the forth stop everyone got off. The question is what color are the bus drivers eyes?
ANSWER: Color of my own eyes I'm the bus driver -Celvyxc
36) A man jumps out of a window of a 20-story building. He falls all the way to the ground below, and lands on solid concrete with nothing to cushion his fall. The man gets up, still alive and completely uninjured. How is this possible?
ANSWER: He jumped out of a 20 story building, but the ground floor of it. -Celvyxc
37) From the beginning of eternity to the end of time and space, to the beginning of every end and the end of every place. What am I?
ANSWER: Letter "e" -Clevyx
38) When you prepare me for dinner you take off my outside and cook my inside.When you eat me, you eat my outside and throw away my inside. Who am I?
ANSWER: Corn on the cob -Waiters gon Wait
39) I go in hard. I come out soft. You blow me hard. What am I?
ANSWER: GUM - Waiters Gon Wait
40) Three lives have I. Gentle enough to soothe the skin. Light enough to caress the sky. Hard enough to crack rocks. What am I?
ANSWER: Water -Waiters Gon Wait
41) What does every man have, some longer or shorter than others and they give it to their wife when they get married?
ANSWER: Last Name -Kyrie Swirving
42) When I am visible to you, you cannot see me, but when I am invisible, you long to see me. I am plenty with someone patient, but all the more scarce with a hasty one. I am greater than all, but still in the control of those who value my existence. Who am I?
ANSWER: Clock/Time -Clevyxc
43) If you look you cannot see me. If you see me you cannot see anything else. I can make anything you want happen, but later everything goes back to normal. What am I?
44) A red-house is made of red bricks, has a red wooden door and a red roof. A yellow-house is made of yellow bricks, has a yellow wooden door and a yellow roof. What is a green-house made of?
ANSWER: Glass -Kyrie Swirving
45) Tom saw a snake crossing the road and swerved to crush it with his tires. All the street lights were off as well as the car's headlights. There were no other lights on along the road. How did Tom see the snake?
ANSWER: It was daytime -Kyrie_Swirving
46) Once it was growing and green, now it is dead and singing. What is it?
ANSWER: Any kind of wooden instrument…..violin, cello, etc.-Kyrie_Swirving