Hello everyone. It's Friday and there is no basketball to talk about.
Now I don't want everyone to suffer the horrors of actually working on a Friday; so I have created this post where I will post riddles for people to solve.
1) No cheating. This means no looking up the answer on the internet.
2) If someone would like to submit a riddle, email me(Witkowskimike@hotmail.com) and I will edit the thread and add your riddle.
3) I will edit the post and keep a tally of who has actually solved the riddles. Only the top answer counts.
ANSWER: His mom -Clevyxc
LAST WEEKS RESULTS!
****NDK 13**** -NDK once again shows he is (Shockingly, I mean really who would have thought NDK is smarter than anyone?) the smartest of the lot of you. Maybe one you fluoride zombies will crawl out of the muck to challenge him this week. Or, maybe he just won't show.
Patrick Elder -6
Waiters Gon Wait -3
Clevyx -24 (Always the bridesmaid)
Patrick Elder -6
Waiters Gon Wait -5
Hugh Parent -2
Patrick Elder -9
James Hat -1
1) If you look you cannot see me. If you see me you cannot see anything else. I can make anything you want happen, but later everything goes back to normal. What am I?
ANSWER: Your Imagination -James Hat
2) I turn polar bears white
And I will make you cry.
I make guys have to pee
And girls comb their hair.
I make celebrities look stupid
And normal people look like celebrities.
I turn pancakes brown
And make your champagne bubble.
If you squeeze me, I'll pop.
If you look at me, you'll pop.
ANSWER: Pressure -Patrick Elder
3) A father and son went in their car for a road trip. They got in a car crash. The father died, and the son was badly injured. He needed surgery, but in the hospital when the doctor comes in, the doctor says, "I can't operate on this boy, he's my son." Who's the doctor?
ANSWER -His mom Clevyxc
4) What row of numbers comes next in this series?
ANSWER: 1113213211 -Kyrie_Swirving
5) I never was, am always to be. No one ever saw me, nor ever will. And yet I am the confidence of all, To live and breathe on this terrestrial ball. What am I?
ANSWER: The future -Patrick Elder
6) There was a green house. Inside the green house there was a white house. Inside the white house there was a red house. Inside the red house there were lots of babies. What is it?
ANSWER: Watermelon -NDK
7) If you break me
I do not stop working,
If you touch me
I may be snared,
If you lose me
Nothing will matter.
ANSWER: Heart -NDK
8) Whoever makes it, tells it not.
Whoever takes it, knows it not.
Whoever knows it, wants it not.
9) Always smiles or maybe frowns
Sinks in water, never drowns.
Catches prey on its barbed teeth.
Hunts all day but never eats.
ANSWER: Fish hook Clevyxc
10) If you have it, you want to share it.
If you share it, you don't have it anymore.
ANSWER: Secret -Clevyxc
11) What begins the begining?
What if you erased the end of time and replaced it with the centre of joy?
Now end as you began,
For your name is a mirror and you are the reflection of us all
ANSWER: thoth (Egyptian God) -Clevyxc
12) What is it that no man wants to have, yet no man wants to lose?
ANSWER: Trial -NDK
13) A man was set to be sentences, and the judge told him, "You may make a statement. If it is true, I’ll sentence you to four years in prison. If it is false, I’ll sentence you to six years in prison. After the man make his statement, the judge decided to let him go free. What did the man say?
ANSWER: "I will go to jail for 6 years" -Clevyxc
14) Six glasses are in a row. The first three are filled with milk, the last three are empty. By moving only on glass, can you arrange them so that the full and the empty glasses are alternate?
ANSWER: Pick up the second glass, pour into 5th glass, put it back in second position -Clexyxc
15) When asked how old she was, Suzie replied, "In 2 years I will be twice as old as I was 5 years ago."
How old is she?
ANSWER: 12 -Clevyxc
16) What is the easiest way to throw a ball, and have it stop, and completely reverse direction after traveling a short distance?
ANSWER: Throw the ball in the air.-NDK
17) I am the shortest complete sentence in the English language. What am I?
ANSWER: I am. -Celvyxc
18) I have four wings, but cannot fly, I never laugh and never cry; On the same spot I'm always found, toiling away with little sound. What am I?
ANSWER:: Windmill -Patrick Elder
19) I have many feathers to help me fly. I have a body and head, but I'm not alive. It is your strength which determines how far I go. You can hold me in your hand, but I'm never thrown. What am I?
ANSWER: Arrow -Celvyxc
20) How far can a dog run into the woods?
ANSWER: Halfway -NDK
21) It is the beginning of eternity, the end of time and space, the beginning of the end, and the end of every space. What is it?
ANSWER: The letter e -NDK
22) You have two U.S. coins that add up to 35 cents, and one of them is not a quarter. What two types of coins do you have?
ANSWER Scrubs! -Patrick Elder
23) What English word retains the same pronunciation, even after you take away four of its five letters?
ANSWER: Queue -Patrick Elder
24) If your sock drawer has 6 black socks, 4 brown socks, 8 white socks, and 2 tan socks, how many socks would you have to pull out in the dark to be sure you had a matching pair?
ANSWER: 5 -NDK
25) Mom and Dad have four daughters, and each daughter has one brother. How many people are in the family?
ANSWER: 7 -NDK
26) A large truck is crossing a bridge 1 mile long. The bridge can only hold 14000 lbs, which is the exact weight of the truck. The truck makes it half way across the bridge and stops. A bird lands on the truck. Does the bridge collapse? Give a reason.
ANSWER: so this may be silly, but I’m going to say that the bridge doesn’t collapse because the bird was very small and weighed less than the gas it took to drive 1/2 mile. -NDK
27) One morning a man is leaving on business and he finds he left some paperwork at his office. He runs into his office to grab it and the night watchman stops him and says "Sir, don’t get on the plane!" I had a dream last night the plane would crash and everyone dies! The man takes his word and cancels his trip. Sure enough, the plane crashes and everyone dies. As a reward, he gave the man $1,000 for saving his life then fires him. Why did he fire him?
ANSWER: The night watchman was sleeping on the job, thus the dream. -NDK
29) As I went across the bridge, I met a man with a load of wood which was neither straight nor crooked. What kind of wood was it?
ANSWER: Sawdust -NDK
30) Is it legal for a man to marry his widows sister in the state of ohio?
ANSWER: No, you're already dead -NDK
31) What is as big as you are and yet does not weigh anything?
ANSWER: Shadow -Clevyxc
32) Paul's height is six feet, he's an assistant at a butcher's shop, and wears size 9 shoes. What does he weigh?
ANSWER: Meat -Celvyxc
33) I stand when I'm sitting, and jump when I'm walking. Who am I?
ANSWER: Kangaroo -NDK
34) What ends everything always?
ANSWER: G -Patrick Elder
35) All about the house, with his lady he dances. Yet he always works, and never romances. What is he?
ANSWER: Brook -Clevyxc
36) Who works when he plays and plays when he works? (two answers)
ANSWER: Musician -Kyrie_Swirving
37) This old one runs forever, but never moves at all. He has not lungs nor throat, but still a mighty roaring call. What is it?
ANSWER: Waterfall -Clevyxc
38) A very pretty thing am I, fluttering in the pale-blue sky. Delicate, fragile on the wing, indeed I am a pretty thing.
ANSWER: Butterfly -Clevyxc
39) In spring I am gay in handsome array; in summer more clothing I wear; when colder it grows I fling off my clothes; and in winter quite naked appear.
ANSWER: Tree -Clevyxc
40) Two little holes in the side of a hill just as you come to the cherry-red mill. What are they?
41) What goes up, but at THE SAME TIME goes down? Up toward the sky, and down toward the ground. It's present tense and past tense too, come for a ride, just me and you!!!
ANSWER: See-saw -Kyire_Swirving
42) You can carry it everywhere you go, and it does not get heavy. What is it?
ANSWER: A tune/ Your name -Kyrie_Swirving
43) I can be long, or I can be short. I can be grown, and I can be bought. I can be painted, or left bare. I can be round, or square. What am I?
ANSWER: Fingernails -Patrick Elder
44) What falls but doesn't break, and what breaks but doesn't fall?
ANSWER: Night and day -Kyrie_Swirving
45) A man but an animal, a horn with two hands. What am I?
ANSWER: Minotaur -Clevyxc
46) A magician was boasting one day at how long he could hold his breath under water. His record was 6 minutes. A kid that was listening said, "that's nothing, I can stay under water for 10 minutes using no types of equipment or air pockets!" The magician told the kid if he could do that, he'd give him $10,000. The kid did it and won the money. Can you figure out how?
-The kid filled a glass of water and held it over his head for 10 minutes. -Patrick Elder
47) On a fine sunny day a ship was in the harbor. All of a sudden the ship began to sink. There was no storm and nothing wrong with the ship yet it sank right in front of the spectators eyes. What caused the ship to sink?
ANSWER: Submarine -* chef_boyrgangsta
48) An old man wanted to leave all of his money to one of his three sons, but he didn't know which one he should give it to. He gave each of them a few coins and told them to buy something that would be able to fill their living room. The first man bought straw, but there was not enough to fill the room. The second bought some sticks, but they still did not fill the room. The third man bought two things that filled the room, so he obtained his father's fortune. What were the two things that the man bought?
ANSWER: A lamp and a light bulb. Light filled the room. -Patrick Elder
49) Who spends the day at the window, goes to the table for meals and hides at night?
50) I have no voice and yet I speak to you, I tell of all things in the world that people do. I have leaves, but I am not a tree, I have pages, but I am not a bride or royalty. I have a spine and hinges, but I am not a man or a door, I have told you all, I cannot tell you more.
ANSWER: Book -Clevyxc
51) An openended barrel, it is shaped like a hive. It is filled with the flesh, and the flesh is alive!
52) What is the difference between a Grandmother and a granary?
53) Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thristy, ever drinking, all in mail, never clinking. What am I?
ANSWER: A fish -NDK
54) What fastens two people yet touches only one?
ANSWER: Wedding ring -Clevyxc
55) When one does not know what it is, then it is something; but when one knows what it is, then it is nothing.
ANSWER: Riddle -NDK
56) You use it between your head and your toes, the more it works the thinner it grows. What is it?
ANSWER: Soap -Clevyxc
57) What is put on a table, cut, but never eaten?
ANSWER: Deck of cards -NDK
58) I've hole through which fingers peep, I clash my teeth, but do not weep. What am I?
59) What stays where it is when it goes off?
60) What flies forever, rests never?
ANSWER: Wind -Clevyxc
61) What lives on it's own substance, but dies as soon as it devours itself?
ANSWER: Candle -Clevyxc