Hello everyone. It's Friday and there is no basketball to talk about.
Now I don't want everyone to suffer the horrors of actually working on a Friday; so I have created this post where I will post riddles for people to solve.
1) No cheating. This means no looking up the answer on the internet.
2) If someone would like to submit a riddle, email me(Witkowskimike@hotmail.com) and I will edit the thread and add your riddle.
3) I will edit the post and keep a tally of who has actually solved the riddles. Only the top answer counts.
1) Use the numbers 2, 3, 4 and 5 and the symbols + and = to make a true equation.
Note: Each must be used exactly once and no other numbers or symbols can be used.
ANSWER: 4+5=3^2 -Defunct answer. Jro ruined it, he ruined it all!
2) Without fingers, I point,
without arms, I strike,
without feet, I run.
What am i?
ANSWER: A clock -Jrowan
3) It brings light to a dark dark world,
In a current it travels and through tunnels it's hurled.
Touch it and it'll kill you.
ANSWER: Electricity -JRowan
What is it?
4) What work can one never finish?
ANSWER: Autobiography -JRowan
5) I run, though I have no legs to be seen. I possess no heat, yet I do have steam. I have no voice to let words out, but from far away you can still hear me shout. What am I?
ANSWER: Waterfall -kptb
6) You must keep this thing, its loss will affect your brothers. For once yours is lost, it will soon be lost by others. What is it?
ANSWER: Temper -Jrowan
7) If you throw me from the window,
I will leave a grieving wife.
Bring me back, but in the door, and
You'll see someone giving life!
What am I?
ANSWER: the Letter "N" JRowan
8) One snowy night, Sherlock Holmes was in his house sitting by a fire. All of a sudden a snowball came crashing through his window, breaking it. Holmes got up and looked out the window just in time to see three neighborhood kids who were brothers run around a corner. Their names were John Crimson, Mark Crimson and Paul Crimson. The next day Holmes got a note on his door that read '? Crimson. He broke your window.'
Which of the three Crimson brothers should Sherlock Holmes question about the incident?
ANSWER: mark Crimson, ? Mark -Mourt
9) Two men are in a desert. They both have packs on. One of the guys is dead. The guy who is alive has his pack open, the guy who is dead has his pack closed. What is in the pack?
ANSWER: The packs contain parachutes -Mourt
10) What is greater than god, more evil than the devil, poor people have it, rich people need it, and if you eat it, you will die?
ANSWER: Nothing -Hugh Parent
11) A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms.
The first is full of raging fires. The second is full of assassins with loaded
guns. The third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room
is safest for him?
ANSWER: Room 3, the lions are all dead -mourt
12) What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you
throw it away?
ANSWER: Charcoal -Schweik42
13) Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Wednesday,
Friday, or Sunday?
ANSWER: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow -JRowan
14) This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly
you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain
that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with
it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may
not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to
do so without any coaching!
ANSWER: The paragraph has no "e" the most common letter in the English language. -Hugh Parent
15) A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5
minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together
and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?
ANSWER: She is a photographer -NDK
16) I work hard most every day,
Not much time to dance and play,
If I could reach what I desire,
All like me would now retire.
What am I?
ANSWER: A Doctor -Schweik42
17) First I am one, then I seem none,
In death I birth new life.
What's raised exceeds me,
For on bent knee,
I add to a world that's rife.
What am I?
ANSWER: Seed -schweik42
18) This word starts with the same letter it ends with and there are two of the same along the way. There is another pair and one each of two more, just to make you smile. What is the word?
ANSWER: Giggling -JRowan
19) What is black when it's clean and white when it's dirty?
ANSWER: Chaulkboard -Mourt
20) More precious than gold, but cannot be bought,
Can never be sold, only earned if it's sought,
If it is broken it can still can be mended,
At birth it can't start nor by death is it ended.
ANSWER: Friendship, but too much else applies
21) You seek it out, when your hunger's ripe. It sits on four legs, and smokes a pipe. What is it?
ANSWER: Stove -Mourt
22) Inside a burning house, this thing is best to make. And best to make it quickly, before the fire's too much to take!
ANSWER: Haste -NDK
23) A 9-letter word with but one vowel,
After I'm used you may need a towel,
Tests can be used to learn what I am,
Once I am known you can hit a grand slam.
ANSWER: Strengths NDK
24) I am a five-letter word and am feared by most but experienced by all. If you remove my first and last letters I bring life. If you add an 'r' between the third and fourth letters I am almost nothing and if you remove the first letter from this new word, I am your home. What am I?
25) A three-letter word I'm sure you know,
I can be on a boat or a sleigh in the snow,
I'm pals with the rain and honor a king,
But my favorite use is attached to a string.
What am I?
ANSWER: Bow -Kyrie_Swirving
26) What word of five letters has only one left when two letters are removed?
Answer: Stone -Jrowan
27) I cannot hear or even see,
But sense light and sounds there may be,
Sometimes I end up on a hook,
I can be combined with a book.
What am I?
ANSWER: Worm -NDK
28) Hands she has but does not hold, teeth she has but does not bite, feet she has but they are cold, eyes she has but without sight. Who is she?
ANSWER: A Doll -Mourt
29) Today he is there to trip you up and he will torture you tomorrow. Yet he is also there to ease the pain, when you are lost in grief and sorrow.
ANSWER: Jack Daniels (Alcohol) -Kyrie-Swirving
30) Who killed one-fourth of mankind?
ANSWER: Cane killed able leaving only Cain, Adam, and Eve-NDK
31) If you break me I'll not stop working. If you can touch me, my work is done. If you lose me, you must find me with a ring soon after. What am I?
ANSWER: Heart -NDK
32) What can go up a chimney down, but cannot go down a chimney up?
ANSWER: Umbrella -Vottomatic
33) I can be told and can make you crazy,
Most people don't like me and think I'm harmful. What am I?
ANSWER: A lie -Kyrie_Swirving
34) Some form a parliament,
Others a company, congregation or convocation,
The mob can see a murder, or clamor and wake,
A bouquet is presented when flushed. What are we?
ANSWER: Birds -Clevyx
35) I am taken from a mine and shut up in a wooden case from which I am never released. Yet I am used by almost everybody. What am I?
ANSWER: Pencil Lead -NDK
36) I am only useful when I'm full,
Yet I am always full of holes.
What am I?
ANSWER: Sieve/Strainer -Clevyx
37) What has a tongue that can't taste, a throat that can't swallow, eyes that can't see and a soul that will never die?
ANSWER: Shoe -NDK
38) I run cold and hot,
I look blue but am red.
What am I?
ANSWER: Blood- Kyrie_Swirving
39) Brothers or sisters have I none, but that mans father is my fathers son. Who is that man?
ANSWER: My Son -Vottomatic
40) Who is silent in Parliament?
ANSWER: i -Clevyxc
41) I always run but never walk,
I sometimes sing but cannot talk,
No head on which a hat to place,
You always look me in the face. What am I?
ANSWER: Clock -Vottomatic
42) I'm a five letter word. Remove my last two letters and I'm a synonym of drag. My second and third letters form an exclamation and my first and second letters are a homophone with a number. What am I?
Answer: Towel/Tower -Clevyx
43) I have no ears, but more than one eye,
Cut me in half, I won't cry,
Leave me alone and I will die.
What am I?
ANSWER: Potato -NDK
44) Who is it that rows quickly with four oars but never comes out from under his own roof?
45) I am sometimes strong and sometimes weak, but I am nobody's fool. For there is no language that I cannot speak, though I never went to school. What am I?
46) Not born, but from a Mother's body drawn, I hang until half of me is gone. I sleep in a cave until I grow old, then valued for my hardened gold. What am I?
ANSWER: Cheese -Myrie-Swirving
47) We are all around, yet to us you are half blind. Sunlight makes us invisible, and difficult to find. What are we?
ANSWER: Stars- Kyrie_Swirving
48) They are two sisters. One gives birth to the other, who in turn gives birth to the first. What are the two sisters?
ANSWER: Night and Day -Kyrie_Swirving
49) Shoe, door, sticks, straight.
What word comes next?
50) I am located in the middle of nowhere. What am I?
ANSWER: h -Clevyx
51) This is a place. The first letter is after A and before Z but nowhere in between. You can bring as many people as you want, as long as they're all dead. Where is it?
ANSWER: Cemetery -Celvyx
52) Marking mortal privation, when firmly in place. An enduring summation, inscribed in my face.
ANSWER: Tombstone -Clevyx
53) I am two-faced but bear only one, I have no legs but travel widely. Men spill much blood over me, kings leave there imprint on me. I have greatest power when given away, yet lust for me keeps me locked away. What am I?
ANSWER: Coins/Money -Kyrie-Swirving
54) You approach two talking doors. One door leads to the City of Truth, while the other door leads to the City of Liars. You do not know which door is which. You are able to ask only one question to determine which door is which. The door that leads to the City of Liars always speaks lies, while the door that leads to the City of Truth always speaks the truth. You want to go to the City of Truth. What question do you ask to determine which door leads to the City of Truth
Ask a a door - "If I were to ask the other door which door leads to the city of truth, what would he say". And then you pick the opposite door of what he tells you. -NDK
55) The one who makes it sells it.
The one who buys it doesn't use it.
The one who's using it doesn't know he's using it.
What is it
ANSWER: Coffin - Mourt
56) What has 5(sometimes 4) hands but is normal
ANSWER: Man wearing a watch -JRowan
57) High born, my touch is gentle, purest white is my lace; silence is my kingdom, green is the colour of my death. What am I?
ANSWER: Snow -Clevyx
58) 'Twas in heaven pronounced, 'twas muttered in hell, and echo caught faintly the sound as it fell. On the confines of earth it was permitted to rest, and in the depths of its presence there was confessed.
ANSWER: The letter "H" -JRowan
59) I am a wonderful help to women,
The hope of something to come.
I harm no citizen except my slayer.
Rooted I stand on a high bed. I am shaggy below.
Sometimes the beautiful peasant's daughter, an eager-armed,
Proud woman grabs my body,
Rushes my red skin, holds me hard,
Claims my head. The curly-haired
Woman who catches me fast will feel
Our meeting. Her eye will be wet.
What am I?
ANSWER: Onion -Clevyx
60) Come up and let us go; go down and here we stay.
ANSWER: Anchor -JRowan
61) I have three eyes but only one leg.
I still close one even if you beg.
What am I?
ANSWER: Traffic Light - JRowan
62) Two cops walked into a room with no windows and found a dead man who obviously hung himself from the ceiling, though they couldn't figure out how. There was no chair beneath him that he might have jumped off of, or a table. Just a puddle of water. How'd he do it
ANSWER: Standing on block of ice -JRowan
63) I'm lighter than a feather but even the world's strongest man can't hold me for more than a few minutes. What am I?
ANSWER: Breath -Kyrie-Swirving
64) Round and round and round it goes,
The source but not the birth of clothes,
Wench and warrior, child and crone,
Without it dressed near barer bone.
ANSWER: Spinning Wheel -JRowan
65) My first is a creature whose breeding is unclear. My second, a price you must pay. My whole can be found in the river of Time and refers to events of today. What am I?
66) A man lives on the 14th floor of a building. Everyday, he walks down to the elevator, hits the 'lobby' button, and rides it to the bottom and then goes to work. When he comes back from work, he only takes the elevator up to the 7th floor and walks the rest of the way on the stairs. Why doesn't he take the elevator all the way to the top
ANSWER: He is too short to reach past 7 -Waiters Gonna Wait
67) Mouthless but I will tell you a name that is not mine,
I will show you the years I have seen but I have no eyes,
Memory I have but I have no mind.
What am I?
ANSWER: Tombstone -NDK
68) A man dies of thirst in his own home. Hows is this possible?
ANSWER: Lives in house boat and is stranded on the ocean -NDK
69) Often held but never touched, always wet but never rusts, often bites but seldom bit, to use me well you must have wit.
ANSWER: Tongue -Clevyx
70) This mother comes from a family of eight,
Supports her children in spite of their weight,
Turns around without being called,
Has held you since the time you crawled. Who is she?
ANSWER: Earth -NDK
71) I'm as small as an ant, as big as a whale. I'll approach like a breeeze, but can come like a gale. By some I get hit, but all have shown fear. I'll dance to the music, though I can't hear. Of names I have many, of names I have one. I'm as slow as a snail, but from me you can't run. What am I?
Answer: Shadow -Clevyx
72) I have five letters and people eat me. When you remove my first letter I become a crime. Remove my first two letters and I am an animal. If you remove my first and last letters I'm a form of music. What am I?
ANSWER: Grape- Waiters gon Wait
Hugh Parent 2