The NBA Trade Deadline is this coming Thursday. You probably already know that, but I'm just telling you again. With just over two days before the deadline, there have been relatively few trade rumors. Despite that unfortunate fact, we're going to try to predict what will happen. I do not expect to have much success with these predictions. But let's try anyway.
What will the Cleveland Cavaliers do?
I want to make it perfectly clear that these are just predictions. Some of these are based on rumors that we've heard, but some of it is just guessing. I encourage you to participate in the comment section.
- I think the Cavs will trade Jarrett Jack. I wasn't upset with the signing at the time, but it clearly hasn't worked as both parties had hoped. He's set to make over $6m for each of the next two years and the Cavs would probably like to get out of that contract. The best offer on the table right now is sending him to the Brooklyn Nets in exchange for Jason Terry. I'll predict that they pull the trigger on that deal.
- I think the Cavs will keep the young players on their team. That means they aren't trading Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett, Tristan Thompson, etc.
- I think they'll keep Luol Deng. I wrote about the pros and cons of dealing Deng and predict that the Cavs will ultimately keep him and try to hold on.
- Anderson Varejao will stay in Cleveland. Some fans want to trade him, but I don't see that happening.
What will happen around the NBA?
- The Sacramento Kings will make a trade to get rid of Jimmer Fredette. I think it's possible that we see Fredette go to the Denver Nuggets with Andre Miller going to the Kings. I don't know. This is a guess.
- The Philadelphia 76ers will deal Evan Turner to the Charlotte Bobcats in exchange for a draft pick.
- The Oklahoma City Thunder will acquire Gary Neal from the Milwaukee Bucks.
- Arron Afflalo and Omer Asik will stay with their respective teams.
- Marvin Williams will be traded from the Utah Jazz to the Phoenix Suns.
- Somebody will trade for the rights to sign Pierre Jackson from the New Orleans Pelicans.
- NBA Trade Deadline: Should the Cleveland Cavaliers look to trade Luol Deng?
- NBA preview: Cleveland Cavaliers back in action in Philadelphia to take on the 76ers
- NBA Trade Rumors: Brooklyn Nets interested in Jarrett Jack for Jason Terry swap with Cleveland Cavaliers?
- Kyrie Irving highlights in SUPER SLOW MO with the phantom cam
- Kyrie Irving wins All Star game MVP, and all but guarantees LeBron is coming back to the Cavs.