The NBA has released the results for jersey sales during the 2013-2014 season. It shouldn't come as a surprise that the Cleveland Cavaliers' 22 year-old all star finished amongst the league's most popular players.
The results are as follows (via press release from the NBA):
- LeBron James - Miami Heat
- Kevin Durant - Oklahoma City Thunder
- Kobe Bryant - Los Angeles Lakers
- Derrick Rose - Chicago Bulls
- Stephen Curry - Golden State Warriors
- Carmelo Anthony - New York Knicks
- Dwyane Wade - Miami Heat
- Chris Paul - Los Angeles Clippers
- Kyrie Irving - Cleveland Cavaliers
- James Harden - Houston Rockets
- Blake Griffin - Los Angeles Clippers
- Russell Westbrook - Oklahoma City Thunder
- Rajon Rondo - Boston Celtics
- Tim Duncan - San Antonio Spurs
- Paul George - Indiana Pacers
It's always nice to see a Cavalier get attention around the league and from the fans. While the season didn't go as planned, it certainly would have been a much more difficult team to watch without Kyrie Irving.
It'll be fun to hopefully see both "Kyrie" and "Cleveland" rise higher and higher on the list over the years. Maybe we'll see two Cavaliers crack the top 15 next year. Who do you think would be the most likely candidate to join Irving on the list of the league's most popular players?