|2009/2010 NBA Preseason|
|October 14th, 2009|
|Quicken Loans Arena|
|Radio - WTAM 1100 / NBA-TV|
|Gilbert Arenas||PG||Daniel Gibson|
|Mike Miller||SG||Anthony Parker|
|Caron Butler||SF||Jawad Williams|
|Antawn Jamison||PF||Anderson Varejao|
|Fabricio Oberto||C||Shaquille O'Neal|
No Lebron, no Darnell Jackson, no Mo Williams. No problem, right? We'll soon find out if Shaq can still carry a team a bit, even if it is the pre-season. Here are some early game notes --
- The Cavaliers are off to a 3-0 start in the preseason with a 111-94 victory over Olympiacos Piraeus (Greece) on Monday night at The Q. Dating back to last preseason, the Cavaliers have won four consecutive home preseason games (three at Quicken Loans Arena and one at the Schottenstein Center in Columbus, OH). The team has posted a winning preseason in three of the past six seasons. Last year the team went 3-5, but won three of their last four preseason games heading into the season.
- In the win over Olympiacos, the Cavaliers never trailed at any point in the game, marking the second time in three games in which Cleveland never trailed (Cavs vs. Bobcats on Oct. 6). Seven players scored in double figures for the Cavs, including all five starters.
- Daniel Gibson, who started at point guard, scored a team-high 15 points on 5-9 (.545) shooting, including 3-6 (.500) on threepointers, while adding two rebounds, four assists and three steals.
- Shaquille O'Neal scored 12 points for the second consecutive game and added five rebounds in 21 minutes on Monday. In his first three preseason games, O'Neal is averaging 10.0 points on .565 shooting and 4.0 rebounds in 18.3 minutes.
- LeBron James had 12 points, a game-high tying seven assists, two steals and a block in 23 minutes against Olympiacos. James is averaging 12.7 points on .591 shooting and 4.3 assists in three games this preseason.
- Anderson Varejao scored nine points on 4-5 (.800) shooting, grabbed three rebounds and blocked two shots in the first quarter and finished with 13 points for the game versus Olympiacos.
- J.J. Hickson led the Cavs bench scoring with 13 points on 6-9 (.667) shooting and added three rebounds in 14 minutes. Through the first three preseason games, Hickson is averaging a team-high 14.3 points on .630 shooting and 5.0 rebounds.
- Anthony Parker added 10 points on 5-7 (.714) shooting against Olympiacos. He is shooting a team-best .714 (10-14) from the field this preseason and averaging 7.7 points and 3.7 rebounds.
- The Cavs win on Monday was keyed by the team shooting .551 (43-78) for the game, including 5-11 (.455) on three-pointers. Cleveland also had 18 assists on 25 made field goals in the first half and for the game, assisted 30 times on 43 made field goals. The team also committed just 12 turnovers. Over the last two games, the Cavaliers are averaging 106.5 points.