|2009/2010 NBA Preseason|
|October 16th, 2009|
|Radio - WTAM 1100 / TV - NONE|
|Tony Parker||PG||Daniel Gibson|
|Roger Mason||SG||Anthony Parker|
|Richard Jefferson||SF||Jawad Williams|
|Tim Duncan||PF||Anderson Varejao|
|Matt Bonner||C||Shaquille O'Neal|
The story of tonight's game is the size of the Cavaliers injury report. You can check that out, plus other notes from the game after the jump..
GAME NOTES -
- The Cavaliers are off to a 3-1 start in the preseason and have won four of their last five preseason home games dating back to last season (three at Quicken Loans Arena and one at the Schottenstein Center in Columbus, OH). The team has posted a winning preseason in three of the past six seasons. Last year the team went 3-5, but won three of their last four preseason games heading into the season. The team will now go to Texas for a two-step with back-to-back road games against San Antonio and Dallas.
- In his first start of the preseason, Jawad Williams had a team-high 21 points on 6-12 (.500) shooting, including 4-6 (.667) from beyond the arc, five rebounds and two assists in 26 minutes.
- Shaquille O'Neal was perfect from the field in the first half (5-5) and finished the game with 13 points on 6-8 (.750) shooting, six rebounds and one block in just 19 minutes. Throughout the preseason, he's averaging 10.8 points on .636 shooting (second-best on the team) and 4.5 rebounds in 18.5 minutes per game.
- Anthony Parker followed Monday's 10-point performance against Olympiacos with 11 points on 4-8 (.500) shooting and four assists in 24 minutes against the Wizards. This preseason, Parker is shooting a team-best .636 (14-22) from the field and averaging 8.5 points and 3.0 rebounds in 21.4 minutes.
- Jamario Moon returned after a two-game absence and led the Cavs' bench scoring with 12 points, including 3-5 (.600) shooting on three-pointers. He also added three rebounds and two assists in 22 minutes.
- J.J. Hickson scored eight points on 3-6 (.500) shooting in 26 minutes. He continues to lead the Cavs in scoring this preseason with an average of 12.8 points on .606 shooting to go along with 4.3 rebounds in 21.5 minutes per game.
- Andre Barrett had a game-high eight assists to go along with eight points in 26 minutes versus Washington.
- The Cavs shot .512 percent (21-41) in the first half and .487 (38-78) for the game on Wednesday. Over the last three games, the team is shooting .507 (114-225) from the field. The team shot .714 percent (5-7) from three-point range in the first quarter and 12-24 (.500) for the game. Over their last two games, the Cavs are shooting .486 (17-35) on three-pointers. Cleveland also topped the 100-point mark for the third consecutive game and is averaging 105.7 points over that span.