|2009/2010 NBA Regular Season|
|November 6, 2009|
|Madison Square Garden, New York, NY|
|Radio - WTAM 1100 / TV - ESPN HD / FSOhio|
|Chris Duhon||PG||Mo Williams|
|Larry Hughes||SG||Anthony Parker|
|Danilo Galinari||SF||LeBron James|
|Wilson Chandler||PF||Anderson Varejao|
|David Lee||C||Shaquille O'Neal |
The bad news? The Cavaliers have stumbled a bit to a 3-3 record. The Good news? A 1-4 Knicks team is up next. The Knicks are on cruise control - wishing to hop in a time machine to July 1, 2010. They want LeBron and in a lot of ways LeBron wants New York. He loves the attention, and loves the 'love' from the fans and media alike. Will all of that be more important than winning? That's the big question.
This is the only trip to New York for the Cavaliers this season - thanks NBA - so we only have to deal with the Knicks-side of things one time. Get ready.....
Some more Game Notes after the Jump -- >
- Tonight, the Cavaliers will take on the Knicks in Madison Square Garden. Cleveland has won five consecutive games against NewYork, including the last three on the road. In this span, the Cavs have outscored the Knicks by an average margin of 112.2-96.6while shooting .492 from the field compared to .423 from the Knicks. The team has also controlled the paint, 42.8-34.8.
- In 10 career games at the Garden, LeBron James has averaged 30.1 points on .469 shooting, including .455 from behind the arc,5.6 rebounds, 6.6 assists and 2.3 steals. Since 2005-06, James has averaged 35.6 ppg, which ranks 2nd (K. Bryant - 46.7) in theleague for visiting opponents scoring (min. of three games). (STATS, Inc.)
- In the last game at New York, a 107-102 win, LeBron James recorded 52 points, nine rebounds and 11 assists. James became thefirst player to post at least those numbers in a NBA game since Wilt Chamberlain (53 points, 14 assists, 32 rebounds) onMarch 18, 1968 and joined Michael Jordan as the only visitors to Madison Square Garden with multiple 50-point games.James also notched 50 points, eight rebounds and 10 assists in a 119-102 win on March 5, 2008.
- Against Chicago last night, LeBron James tallied 25 points on 9-17 (.529) shooting, seven rebounds, six assists, one steal and oneblock in 38 minutes. For the season, James is averaging 25.2 points, 7.7 rebounds and 7.8 assists in 38.2 minutes.
- On Thursday, Anderson Varejao finished with 12 points on 5-7 (.714) shooting and a season-high 13 rebounds in 35 minutes,marking his second consecutive double-double. Varejao now has three double-doubles on the season, all in the past four games ashe has led the team each time in rebounding. It marked the fourth time in his career he recorded back-to-back double-doubles.
- Versus Chicago, Shaquille O'Neal recorded his second double-double of the season with 14 points on 7-13 (.538) shooting and10 rebounds in 31 minutes. He also set a season high in blocks with five. The last time O'Neal blocked five or more shots in agame was on November 21, 2007 against the Atlanta Hawks. In his last two games, O'Neal is averaging 17.5 points on 14-22shooting (.636), 9.0 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 3.0 blocks in 30.0 minutes per game.
- In Cleveland's last four games, the team's defense has held opponents to just .412 shooting (128-311) from the field and 85.5 pointsper game. Cleveland's defense so far on the season ranks 5th in the NBA in opponent points per game (89.7), 4th in defensivefield goal percentage (.424) and is tied for 8th in blocks (6.0) per game. The team is allowing 31.3 points in the paint, the 3rdfewest in the NBA and after only giving up two to Chicago, ranks 3rd in second chance points allowed at 9.8 points per game.
- Through the first six games, the team has made 52 three-point field goals, which is eight more than the team's previous best mark of44 in 2007-08 and 15 more than the third best marks of 37 in 2005-06, 1996-97 and 1995-96. (STATS, Inc.)
- With Anthony Parker, who went 3-3 from three on Thursday, tied for 11th in the NBA in three-point shooting at 12-22, .545and Daniel Gibson ranking 14th at 14-26, .538 leading the team and Mo Williams shooting 14-30 (.467), the Cavaliers are one ofthe most improved teams in shooting three-pointers from last season (.393) to this season (.444), which ranks 5th.
- Daniel Gibson continues to lead the Cavaliers bench, scoring eight against the Bulls on 3-4 shooting (.750) in 17 minutes. Gibson hasscored in double figures in three of the team's six games this season.
- The Cavaliers have carried over from last season their skill in taking care of the basketball. Last season, the Cavaliers ranked 6th in teleague at 12.7 turnovers per game and this season, they continue to rank 6th in the NBA for the fewest turnovers at only 13.2.