|2009/2010 NBA Regular Season|
|December 2, 2009|
|Quicken Loans Arena|
|7:00 PM et|
|Radio - WTAM 1100 / TV - FSOhio HD|
|Steve Nash||PG||Mo Williams|
|Jason Richardson||SG||Anthony Parker|
|Grant Hill||SF||LeBron James|
|Amare Stoudemire||PF||J.J. Hickson|
|Channing Frye||C||Shaquille O'Neal|
One of Shaq's former teams makes a visit to the Q on Retro Night. Is anyone else irked that ESPN still plays the 'Shaqtus' commercial? I know, probably a problem I have. Anyway, the Suns are playing great basketball and tonight's should be entertaining.
Oh yea, and something tells me Mike Brown WON'T make the same mistake twice regarding Zydrunas Ilgauskas. Congrats to Z who should get the record, and the recognition, he deserves.
Some more Game Notes after the Jump -- >
- After becoming the franchise leader last season in rebounds and blocks, two-time NBA All-Star Zydrunas Ilgauskas can surpassCavaliers General Manager Danny Ferry (723 games) tonight as the team's all-time leader in games played. In his career,Ilgauskas has averaged 14.2 points on .475 shooting, 7.8 rebounds and 1.7 blocks in 28.9 minutes and ranks 5th for active playerswith most games with current team and only team of their careers behind only K. Bryant - 965, T. Duncan - 912, D. Nowitzki -857 and P. Pierce - 831). (Elias)
- Cleveland has won nine of their last 11 games and four consecutive home games. The team will also look to build on being 4-0against teams from the Western Conference and remain the only Eastern Conference to not have a loss against a Westernteam. Dating back to last season, the Cavaliers have a 12-game winning streak against the Western Conference, the longestactive streak against the opposing conference in the NBA. (STATS, Inc.)
- The Cavaliers swept the season series with the Suns last season led by the combination of LeBron James and Mo Williams. In twogames last season, Mo Williams averaged 37.0 points, 3.5 rebounds, 5.0 assists and 2.5 steals while James averaged 30.0 points, 8.0rebounds and 9.5 assists, 2.5 blocks and 2.0 steals. For his career, James has averaged 31.3 points per game versus Phoenix, hishighest average against any opponent. In the Feb. 11th game versus Phoenix in Cleveland last season, Williams had a career-high 44 points on 18-26 (.692) shooting including a career-high 18 field goals made, seven assists and three steals. (STATS, Inc.)
- This season, James (29.2 ppg) and Williams (17.8 ppg) have combined to form the 3rd highest scoring duos this season at 47.0ppg, behind only Denver's C. Anthony and C. Billups at 47.6 ppg and the Lakers' K. Bryant and A. Bynum at 47.3 ppg.
- Tonight's game will feature the top two teams in the NBA in three-point accuracy. The Cavaliers rank 1st at .438 while theSuns rank 2nd at .436. Cleveland also ranks 5th lowest in defending the arc as their opponents have only shot .316.
- Versus the Mavericks, Mo Williams scored 25 points on 9-12 (.750) shooting, including a perfect 7-7 (1.000) from behind the three-point line in 35 minutes. The seven three-pointers tied his career high and he became the first Cavalier to ever shoot 100percent on three-pointers with at least seven three-point attempts. Previously, three Cavs were 6-6 on three-point attempts in agame (Mark Price - 1988, Wesley Person - 1999 and Trajan Langdon - 2000. The last NBA player to shoot 7-7 on three-pointers wasNew Orleans' Bobby Jackson on Jan. 11, 2008 against Miami. On the season, Williams is averaging 17.8 points on .462 shooting,3.1 rebounds and 4.6 assists. He ranks 8th at .488 in three-point shooting and 3rd in free throw shooting at 42-46 (.913). (Elias)
- Against Dallas, LeBron James tallied 25 points on 10-20 (.500) shooting, a season-high tying 12 assists and five rebounds in 36minutes. James had eight assists in the first period, becoming the first Cavalier to have eight assists in a quarter since EricSnow did it on Jan. 8, 2005 in the second quarter against New York. On the season, James is averaging 29.2 points (2nd inNBA) on .523 shooting from the field, .783 shooting from the stripe, 6.7 rebounds and 8.0 (6th) assists.
- On Saturday, Delonte West recorded his first double-double of the season (ninth in career) with 10 points on 4-7 (.571) shootingand a season-high 10 assists and zero turnovers in a season-high 29 minutes. West is one of only six players to have at least 10assists and zero turnovers in a game (second time in West's career) this season. The last Cavs player with at least 10 assists offthe bench was Eric Snow when he had 13 assists on April 19, 2005 versus Boston. The last Cavalier to achieve a points-assistsdouble-double as a reserve was Brevin Knight (10 points, 12 assists) in a game at New Jersey on April 19, 2000.