|2009/2010 NBA Regular Season|
|December 6, 2009|
|3:00 PM et|
|Radio - WTAM 1100 / TV - FSOhio HD|
|Brandon Jennings||PG||Mo Williams|
|Charlie Bell||SG||Anthony Parker|
|Carlos Delfino||SF||LeBron James|
|Ersan Ilyasova||PF||J.J. Hickson|
|Andrew Bogut||C||Shaquille O'Neal|
The Cavaliers start a three-game road trip with a matinée in Milwaukee. The Buck have been a surprise so far this season, lead by the play of wonder-rookie Brandon Jennings. Jennings spent a year over-seas instead of going to college, and the year of pro experience seems to have done wonders for his game.
LeBron James, fresh off his Player of the Month award is playing at a MVP level once again, and the Cavs continue to play better defensively.
Some more Game Notes after the Jump -- >
- Cleveland has won 11 of their last 13 games and six consecutive games at The Q, improving their record to 8-2, .800. In those sixgames, the team has averaged 106.2 ppg on .524 shooting while opponents have only scored 95.7 ppg on .450 shooting.
- The Cavaliers have defeated the Bucks four consecutive times, including two straight at the Bradley Center. In the series sweep lastseason, Cleveland won by a margin on 99.5-88.5 and shot .454 compared to the Bucks shooting .408 from the field.
- The last time the Cavaliers faced the Bucks in Milwaukee, LeBron James finished with a season-high 55 points, five reboundsand nine assists, his 8th game with 50 or more points in his career (all are road games in which the Cavs are 5-2). The 55 pointswere the second-most James has scored in a game (56 - at Toronto on March 20, 2005) and included him scoring 24 points in thethird quarter, tying his own franchise record for points in a quarter, which he's now done three times. It also was his second50+ point game versus Milwaukee (52 points on 12/10/05 at Milwaukee). James made a career-high eight three-pointers, tying him with Danny Ferry (2/13/96 vs. Charlotte) and Wesley Person (2/17/98 at Philadelphia) for the most in franchise history.
- Versus Chicago, the Eastern Conference's Player of the Month for November, LeBron James recorded his third straight points-assist double-double (fifth overall double-double this season) with a game-high 23 points on 8-17 (.471) shooting, a game-high 11assists and six rebounds in 34 minutes. James has now had three games in a row with at least 10 assists for the third time in hiscareer. With four assists in the opening period tonight, James is averaging 6.3 assists in the first quarter over the last threegames. He has also totaled 33 assists with just five turnovers in the last three games. On the season, James is averaging 27.9 points(4th in NBA) on .515 shooting from the field, .773 shooting from the stripe, 6.7 rebounds and 8.3 assists (6th). He also ranks 1st inthe NBA in first quarter shooting (min. of 4 field goal attempts per game in 1st qtr) at 71-114 (.623).
- Against the Bulls on Dec. 4, Cleveland had no turnovers in the third quarter and went on to have zero turnovers in the secondhalf. The last time the Cavs had zero turnovers in a quarter was on March 22, 2009 when the Cavs had zero turnovers in the firstquarter at New Jersey. The last time the Cavs had zero turnovers in a half was on March 19, 2009 in the first half versus Portland.The team is averaging 29.7 assists to just 12.0 turnovers over the last three games.
- On Friday, Mo Williams finished the game with a season-high four steals for the second consecutive game. Williams also added15 points, including shooting 3-7 (.429) on three pointers, and a season-high seven assists. On the season, he is averaging 17.3points on .452 shooting, 3.1 rebounds and 4.7 assists. He ranks 3rd in free throw shooting at 45-49 (.918).
- On Friday, the bench scored 40 points. Anderson Varejao scored 10 points on 4-9 (.444) shooting to go along with five rebounds anda season-high tying three blocks in 29 minutes versus Chicago. Over the last three games, he is averaging 11.3 points on 15-28 (.536)shooting, 7.3 rebounds and 2.0 blocks.
- Daniel Gibson tallied a season-best 15 points on 7-9 (.778) shooting, three rebounds and one assist in 27 minutes. Over the last twogames, Gibson is averaging 12.5 points on 10-15 (.667) shooting in 21.0 minutes per game.
- Of the four best teams in each conference (ATL, BOS, CLE, DAL, DEN, LAL, ORL, PHX), the Cavaliers are tied with the Magic for the most wins (three) and best record (3-1, .750) between these teams. Each of the Cavaliers three victories against Orlando (+9), Dallas (+16) and Phoenix (+17) have been by an average margin of 14 points.