Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Brian Windhorst discusses the Anderson Varejao rumors.
- Terry Pluto says the Cavs are in the market for a quality big man.
- Their Cavs HQ blog, written by Michael Curry, breaks down possible targets for the Cavs and what it would take to get them. So far they've featured Josh Smith, Zach Randolph, and Shaq.
- George Thomas writes about the Cavs' need for a big man in the draft.
The News Herald
- Bob Finnan looks at options for the Cavs to add depth up front and other notes from the team.
- Bob Hunter says a deal for Shaq is worth the risk for the Cavs.
Around The Internet
- John Hollinger at ESPN.com has a long post (Insider required) using his own rankings to break down the top draft picks. He has North Carolina PG Ty Lawson rated as one of the top two picks of the draft, which is surprising because most people have him as a late first-round choice. He might even be available when the Cavs pick at 30 and they could be looking for a backup point guard.
- At TheClevelandFan.com, Gary Benz discusses the Cavs brining in Shaq.
- Amar Panchmatia at Cavalier Attitude writes about Josh Smith possibly being available in a trade and thinks Sam Young could be the long, athletic wing player that the Cavs need. He also looks at the Cavs' three highest paid players this year and thinks that should be the clue why the team wasn't championship-caliber.
- John Krolik at Cavs:The Blog looks at players he thinks the Cavs should target on draft day and profiles Jawad Williams, which leads to a discussion about what a 12th man in the NBA should be like.
- WaitngForNextYear has a review of the documentary More Than a Game which follows LeBron's SVSM team through their high school years. They also have a Q-and-A with the film's director Kris Belman and another one with the five players themselves. They have another post discussing a possible Josh Smith trade.
- HoopsWorld discusses rumors about Vince Carter to the Cavs and Yao Ming to the Cavs. They also have mock drafts from four of their writers.
- For a little history lesson, Bleacher Report looks at thefive defining draft moments for the Cavs.