I'm sorry that it's been a while since I've posted some links but after the distractions we've had the past couple days I think it's time we started talking about some REAL basketball news again. Hope you enjoy!
Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Brian Windhorst goes in to great detail about how the lower cap in 2010 may help the Cavs keep LeBron James. He also writes about the signings of Varejao and Parker.
- Michael Curry gives his thoughts about those signings in his Cavs HQ blog.
- Patrick McManamon gives his thoughts on the Varejao deal and talks about the salary cap impacting LeBron's future.
- Bob Finnan writes about the signing of Anthony Parker and Varejao. He also discusses John Kuester in his NBA notes column.
Around The Internet
- At TheClevelandFan, John Hnat explains why it makes sense that LeBron would NOT sign an extension this offseason. Everyone who thinks LeBron not signing an extension means he's going to leave Cleveland (in others words, most of the national media) should definitely read this article.
- At WaitingForNextYear, RockKing says that Anthony Parker is a good fit for the Cavs while Rick explains why resigning Varejao was a good idea. Scott also discusses a rumor about the Cavs trading for Gerald Wallace.
- John Krolik at Cavs: The Blog analyzes the Cavs' depth chart after the moves they've made this month.
- At Cavalier Attitude, Amar Panchmatia analyzes the Cavs' recent signings and discusses another possible option for LeBron.
- Kevin Pelton at the Basketball Prospectus, looked at the top 20 players in free agency at position and ended today with the centers (the other positions can also be found in that link). He listed Varejao as a center (because that's where he says his future lies after 2010 when Shaq and Z leave) and rates him as the best of the available centers thanks to his defense.
- At the Bleacher Report, Brad Frank says the Cavs made a mistake with the Varejao contract and Casey Drottar says with an improved roster the pressure is on LeBron and the Cavs.