Tonight's game versus the San Antonio Spurs is definitely going to be one of the more difficult games the Cavaliers will play and will show what this scrappy young team is made of. Playing back to back games after a hard loss in the "Big Easy", the Cavaliers are looking to go .500 going 6-6 with a win in San Antonio tonight.
Facts to keep in mind during the game:
- The Cavaliers have won three out of their last four games versus the Spurs and have done it in a dominant fashion averaging 98 points with San Antonio averaging only 91.
- Last night in the Big Easy the Cavaliers bench scored 65 points. The Cavaliers bench is 1st in the NBA averaging 46 points per game. (That's 3.9 ppg higher than the 2nd place team the 76ers).
- The Cavaliers have five players averaging in double figures; J.J. Hickson, Daniel "Boobie" Gibson, Mo Williams, Antawn Jamison, and Ramon Sessions.
- The Cavaliers are coming off a night where they were .941 from the Free Throw line. The last time the Cavaliers were shooting that hot from the foul line was December 30, 1993.
- Daniel "Boobie" Gibson is averaging 13.8 points, 4.3 assists, 3.5 rebounds, and 28.5 minutes per game. Ranking 5th of NBA reserves for scoring and is 7.1 avg in 4th quarter is ranked 3rd.
- Zero Injuries reported tonight. Everyone's healthy, which is great news, being that it's been a rarity of sorts for this team to actually have a fully healthy roster.
If all goes to plan, a win tonight will solidify a number 2 ranking in the Central Division behind the Bulls.