A couple of nights ago, David Aldridge reported that the Cleveland Cavaliers and Houston Rockets might work out a deal centered around swapping Anderson Varejao and Omer Asik. We discussed that rumor extensively on a separate thread and it seemed that many Cavs fans were not particularly interested in that kind of a trade.
Lucky for them, it appears that the Cavs are not interested either. Jason Lloyd from the Akron Beacon Journal tweeted before the Cavs-Magic game that his source doesn't think the Cavs want to do that.
#Cavs not interested in Omer Asik, per league source. Houston will trade him, but it won't be straight up to Cleveland for Anderson Varejao— Jason Lloyd (@JasonLloydABJ) December 13, 2013
It's pretty clear that the Rockets are going to trade Asik. But if Jason's sources are correct (and they often are), he won't end up in Wine and Gold. So that rumor was fun while it lasted.
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Orlando Magic Final Score: 109-100 Cavaliers trump the mystical punks
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Orlando Magic: Chatting with Orlando Pinstriped Post
- NBA Trade season: analyzing Cleveland Cavaliers trade assets
- NBA Trade Rumors: Could Cleveland Cavaliers and Houston Rockets swap Anderson Varejao for Omer Asik?
- Fear The Sword Mailbag #5: Featuring Trading Kyrie Irving, the Kings' draft pick, and Calvinball