If you were anxiously awaiting Cavaliers single game tickets going on sale to pick out your perfect game, I have some bad news: Via the team website, the Cavs have announced that single game tickets will only be sold in a lottery process.
"Ryan, what the heck is a lottery process?!?!?!"
Cavs fans can enter an online lottery that will give them the opportunity to be randomly selected to purchase tickets to attend home games this season. Registration for the month-by-month lottery begins Friday, September 26th and will remain open through the end of the 2014-15 regular season. The first lottery winner selection will take place October 6th - 10th to purchase tickets to a November game, which will also include the October 30th season opener vs. the New York Knicks.
"Interesting. How does that work?"
- Beginning September 26th, fans can register at Cavs.com to create a Cavs Single Game Lottery Account.
- Fans will have the option to register for EVERY month of the season, OR for SELECT months of the season. Registration is limited to one (1) account per household and email.
- Fans only need to register once and can register at any time throughout the season. HOWEVER, fans will not be locked into their selection and can submit updated registrations at ANY TIME prior to each month's lottery.
- During the first full week of each month at approximately 9:00 a.m. each day, randomly selected lottery winners will be notified via email that they can purchase tickets for one game in the upcoming month. (For example, winners of the November lottery can purchase tickets to December games, and so on.)
- Lottery winners will be provided a unique password and link to purchase tickets that same day between 12:00 p.m. - 11:59 p.m.
- The lottery winner forfeits their opportunity for tickets if tickets are not purchased during the allotted 12-hour time frame. Once the sales window closes, new lottery winners will be selected and notified the following morning. The process repeats itself until all tickets have been sold for the month.
- Lottery selection guarantees the winner the opportunity to purchase up to six (6) tickets to one (1) game the upcoming month. However, fans are not guaranteed a specific game date as availability to purchase is first come, first served.
- If a fan wins the lottery, but elects not to purchase tickets for a game that month, they will be immediately eligible for the next month's lottery.
- Fans that win the lottery AND purchase tickets will be eligible again after 60 days.
So if you're feeling lucky, go ahead and throw your name in the hat. It's going to be a crazy season.