The Cavaliers are nearly halfway through their preseason schedule and sit at 2-0 so far heading into Monday night’s game against the Atlanta Hawks in the ATL.
How to watch
Who: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Atlanta Hawks
Where: Phillips Arena - Atlanta, Georgia
When: 7:30 p.m. ET
TV: Fox Sports OHIO
Radio: WTAM 1100
Enemy Blog: PeachTree Hoops
What to watch for
- Will the kids keep impressing? Kay Felder had a very impressive debut but had a less noticeable second game against the 76ers. Jordan Mcrae, on the other hand, has continued to impress and look like the kind of player that will get minutes for this team in the regular season. He’s averaging 20 points, six rebounds and 4.5 assists per game so far in the preseason.
- The primary rotation players have looked like a machine at the beginnings of games, and that’s very encouraging. Everyone’s moving well, shooting well, and LeBron looks very dialed in.
- We still shouldn’t expect to see Tristan Thompson, who’s dealing with some foot issues. This makes me a little anxious, as Tristan Thompson getting hurt is a completely foreign occurrence because it literally has never happened before.
- This is most people’s first look at Dwight Howard in a Hawks jersey, and he probably won’t play a ton tonight, because, y’know, the games don’t matter. This Hawks team isn’t an internet darling anymore, but they still have pieces to make the Cavs work in the regular season.
- It looks like the Cavaliers are sitting, well, almost everyone. The lesson, as always, is that there are way too many preseason games.