Hello everyone and welcome to today's 'Fear the Newsletter', where we really are only focused on J.R. Smith.
If you have questions, compliments, concerns or complaints, drop me an e-mail at email@example.com. - Chris Manning, Editor at Fear the Sword
So, J.R. Smith is having surgery today and it's going to keep him out 4-6 weeks from now. It's not a great thing for J.R. - and having seen his cast in person, it's pretty huge - but now can start figuring out when he'll return. My totally speculative guess? After the All-Star break, which would push him pas the 4-6 week time frame.
The Kyrie 3s also recently dropped and they are fire. For my money, these are the best designed Kyries to date. I don't love the strap on the 2s and the 1s weren't as sleek as I'd like. Well, done Nike.
At 3 p.m., I'll be going live on Facebook to talk about J.R.'s injury, so make sure you join me over there for that if you’re off today or need to kill some time at work.
Today's Locked on Cavaliers will actually be two previews. One a J.R. podcast and one on the Warriors with Danny Leroux. Look for it on iTunes, Audioboom or wherever you find podcasts.
What to read/watch today:
- This ESPN piece on Kyrie Irving not developing as expected.
- The NYT on Apple Music's role in the music industry
- The Ringer's video on the greatness of Kyrie and LeBron as a duo
- Anthony Irwin on the Lakers' struggles
- Bill Barnewall on the Browns
- Yahoo's Jeff Passan on the Indians getting Edwin Encarnacion and why it's a great fit
That's it for today - we'll be back tomorrow for Christmas Eve so you have something to read while your family annoys you and the nog runs out.