Hello everyone and welcome to today's 'Fear the Newsletter', where we have a lot to cover.
If you have questions, compliments, concerns or complaints, drop me an e-mail at email@example.com - Chris Manning, Editor at Fear the Sword
So, yesterday's game was pretty great, right?
In really every way, Cavs-Warriors lived up to the hype. It had Kevin Durant and LeBron James dueling. It had emotional Draymond Green moments early and often. It had Kyrie Irving hitting *another* late game winner against the Warriors. It had Kevin Love playing really, really well. It had Richard Jefferson dunking on people twice and picking up a tech for winking.
Can we get seven of these in June, please? I feel confident in saying that there isn't another matchup that will be nearly as good as this one. Like, could you imagine hoping for this matchup and getting Raptors-Clippers or something?
Of course, it's hard to take away a ton from a regular season game and apply it directly to a possible Finals rematch. But this was about good as basketball can get.
So, seriously, seven in June.
What to read today:
- Alex Wong (aka Steven LeBron) interviewed Kevin Love for GQ
- SB Nation's NBA crew wrote about the importance of Kyrie
- Jason Lloyd's Final Thoughts were particularly great and include a really interesting nugget about the Cavs coming back from such a big deficit against the Warriors
- Russell Westbrook maybe yelled 'Thank you, Kyrie' during warmups
- A bit late on this, but Shea Serrano and his dad said goodbye to Tim Duncan at The Ringer
- Rachel Nichols had a pretty interesting interview with Kyrie that aired on ESPN
- Lastly, The Ringer's Danny Chau on Kyrie
We'll be back tomorrow after the Cavs apparently play another game today. Happy Boxing Day!