The Cleveland Cavaliers, quite simply, are on fire.
In the first half Wednesday against the Atlanta Hawks, the Cavs set a NBA record by making 18 first half three-pointers.
Here's a breakdown of how the Cavs made 18 three-pointers:
- J.R. Smith: 6-10 from three
- LeBron James: 3-4 from three
- Kevin Love: 3-4 from three
- Kyrie Irving: 2-3 from three
- Channing Frye: 1-1 from three
- Richard Jefferson: 2-2 from three
- Matthew Dellavedova: 1-3 from three
Crazier yet, if the Cavs make just four more threes, they'll break the Golden State Warriors NBA record of 21 threes made in playoff game. The Cavs actually held the record with 20 until the Warriors broke it during their current playoff run.
The Cavs breaking the record seems pretty likely considering how well the first half went. The threes also resulted in the Hawks giving themselves the Crying Jordan treatment. This is just brutal and the Cavs basically have this game wrapped up already.