Well, today’s the day. The trade deadline is set at 3 PM Eastern Time, and all is quiet as of 11 o’clock. The Cavaliers have had talks with the Jazz about acquiring Shelvin Mack that have since stalled and they’ve also been on the phone with the Rockets, who apparently desire Iman Shumpert but aren’t willing to give up Patrick Beverley to get that deal done.
Their cupboard is pretty barren, and I’d say it’s more likely they don’t make a move than the chance they do, but it is deadline day, and there’s always a chance for a little insanity. Just as a refresher, here are the deals that have been done so far (that we will update live throughout the day.)
- Raptors acquire Serge Ibaka from Magic, send out Terrence Ross and a 2017 1st-round pick.
- Pelicans acquire DeMarcus Cousins, Omri Casspi from the Kings in exchange for Buddy Hield, Langston Galloway, Tyreke Evans, a 2017 1st-round pick and a future 2nd round pick.
- Rockets acquire Lou Williams from Lakers in exchange for Corey Brewer and an unprotected 2017 1st-round pick.
- Wizards acquire Bojan Bogdanovic and Chris McCullough from Brooklyn in exchange for Andrew Nicholson, Marcus Thornton (to be waived) and a 2017 1st-round pick (lottery protected.)
- Hawks acquire Ersan Ilyasova, future 2nd round pick from 76ers in exchange for Tiago Splitter, future draft considerations
- Mavericks acquire Nerlens Noel from 76ers in exchange for Justin Anderson and a 1st-round pick.
Let’s hope for a wild one. Hang out here and discuss the madness as it unfolds.