Who: Cleveland Cavaliers at Los Angeles Lakers
Where: Staples Center - Los Angeles, California
When: 9:30 p.m.
TV: Fox Sports Ohio, NBA League Pass
Enemy Blog: Silver Screen & Roll
Keys to the game
- The Cavs will have their three best players tonight, so that’ll help. It’s not known for sure if Kevin Love will be on a minutes restriction.
- As for Kyle Korver, he’ll miss his seventh straight game Sunday. According to Joe Vardon of cleveland.com, the team is hoping Korver can return for Wednesday’s game against the Nuggets. Per Vardon’s story, Korver says “It's getting better but it hasn't come along like I'd hoped.” That means Iman Shumpert will continue to start at shooting guard.
- The Cavs should get a chance to beat a pretty bad team here as well. The Lakers are in the midst of giving their young players more and more playing time with vets like Timofey Mozgov and Luol Deng hitting the bench. Weirder things have happened, but the Cavs should have a to wrap this one up early.
- With the Celtics losing to the 76ers earlier today, the Cavs could extend their lead over Boston back to 2.5 games with a win. Cleveland’s lead over Washington would also jump to four games.
- After this, the Cavs get two days off before playing at high altitude Wednesday in Denver. So, don’t sweat it too much if LeBron and company play a lot of minutes. But watch how Irving and Love look, as both are legitimately dealing with injuries.
Fear the Sword’s Fearless Prediction
Cavs 109, Lakers 93. This game should be one-sided and over before it gets started.