The first sip
Some Nassir Little stats, considering the Cavs’ links to him.
- He’s 23 and won’t turn 24 until next February. This is still a relatively young player.
- He’s 6’5” with a 7’2” wingspan and is listed at 220 pounds — this is a big wing, the kind of big wing Cleveland doesn’t have.
- In 54 games last season, he shot 36.7% from three on 2.9 attempts per game. That includes 36% on non-corner threes, 42% on corner threes and and 35.8% on catch-and-shoot threes.
- He is signed for four more seasons at $6.3 million, $6.8 million, $7.3 million and $7.8 million. If Cleveland does trade for him and he works out, they’ll be getting a rotation piece at at numbers signed in the old CBA and well under the current mid-level exception number. He has a great value contract.
- The analytics indicate that he was much better in 2021-22 vs. 2022-23 for what that’s worth.
Links of the day
Kristaps Porzingis to Boston, Marcus Smart to Memphis. Trade season rolls on.